Yahoo! Mail was launched in 1997 by developer Oath, providing four different service plans: Basic, Plus, Ad-Free, and one for business accounts. Lately, Yahoo mail has been struggling with data breaches and phishing attacks, degrading its reputation. Yet Yahoo mail is still popular among many users, especially, those aged 45 and older, but only 19 percent of users aged 18-30 use Yahoo.
Yahoo Mail provides the whopping 1 TB of storage space for sending and receiving large files as attachments without needing to use Dropbox or Google Drive. Yahoo accounts inactive for over the past 12 months are vulnerable to a high risk of being deleted. In the following section, you will learn how you can recover your Yahoo Mail account.
Case 1: Forgot Yahoo ID
If you have forgotten your Yahoo Mail ID, then follow the step-by-step instructions to recover your account.
- Navigate to the ‘Yahoo Sign-in helper’ page by clicking the ‘Trouble signing in’ option.
- Enter one of the available options (recovery email address or recovery phone number) and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions step-by-step given by the Sign-in Helper.
Case 2: Reset a Forgotten Password
Use the Yahoo Sign-in Helper to reset your Yahoo password to regain access to your account. Navigate to the Sign-in Helper and enter your phone number or Yahoo mail address and click ‘Continue’. Enter the CAPTCHA code if required.
Yahoo will send an Account Key by text message. Enter the Account Key in the field provided, then click ‘Verify’. Now, select an account to reset from the list of accounts connected to your mobile number and click continue.
1. Password Recovery Using Secret Questions
2. Password Recovery without using secret questions
As mentioned in the previous section, Yahoo Mail has done away with the secret questions for the recovery of accounts.
- Navigate to the Yahoo Password Helper and enter the Yahoo Mail address.
- Yahoo will send a verification code on your registered phone number or to an alternate email address.
- Enter the Verification Code and click ‘Submit’.
- You have successfully recovered access to your Yahoo account, next, change the Yahoo! Mail password. Note that to create a strong password and remember it for future log-in of aol.
Account Recovery – Complexities
Yahoo Account Locked
Due to too many unsuccessful recoveries or log-in attempts, for the protection of your account, a temporary lock is triggered. This is for 12 hours, after 12 hours you can regain access to your account. However, using the Yahoo Password Helper you can regain access to your account anytime in.
This was a complete tutorial on how you can easily recover your Yahoo! Mail account. Stay tuned on our website for more tech-related updates.